- 1/2 cup organic (grass fed) cold butter, cut in 1 tablespoon pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large pastured egg
- 1 tablespoon ice water
- 1/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 3/4 cup sweet sorghum flour
Grease a glass pie pan with butter.
- Add butter pieces and salt and almond and spelt flours in the food process and pulse until combined and crumbly.
- Add egg and water , pulse until combined and smooth.
- Next add sorghum flour and pulse until the mixture all comes together.
- Put that thick mixture into the greased pan and smooth it all around and up on the sides to form a crust with a plastic spatula or your hands. This is so much easier than chilling and rolling out the dough!!
- Place it in the freezer for 20 minutes to firm up while your preparing you filling.
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded provolone or swiss cheese (or about 3 slices ripped up)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup raw milk
- 1/2 cup organic and or raw heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
Sprinkle cheeses into the bottom of the pie crust; set aside.
In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients and beat with a wire whisk until smooth and incorporated. Pour carefully over cheeses in crust.
Bake for 35-40 minutes until quiche is puffed, golden brown, and set. The middle will be not be firm but a bit jiggly. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Leave a Comment