These crunchy snacks are super easy to make and very healthy. Chickpeas or garbanzo beans, are packed with fiber and protein as well as a slew of vitamins. I fry mine in good organic virgin coconut oil, it’s healthy and perfect for frying. You might think it would make them taste like coconut, instead it gives the beans a buttery taste. I also use this oil for popcorn, it’s DIVINE!!!
- 2 cups soaked chickpeas/garbanzo beans (you can use canned, fresh, or dry that have been soaked overnight)
- ¼ cup organic virgin coconut oil
- Salt (Celtic or Himalayan) , fresh cracked pepper and smoked paprika to taste
- Rinse beans and dry with a paper towel. Rub them with the towel to loosen skins, you can remove these or fry then up also.
- Heat oil in a large pan to medium heat and drop in the beans.
- Keep stirring while frying and add oil if needed until they get dark brown. If you don’t cook them long enough they won’t be crunchy.
- Drain a bit on paper towel, sprinkle with salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Make sure they are cool and enjoy either as a snack or a salad topping.
Leave a Comment