This recipe makes about 12 one inch squares or in my case hearts (go ahead and double or triple this recipe your going to love them)
Note: I generally make everything from scratch and as healthy as possible. You can make this recipe with fruit juice and honey , it will not be a strong taste and will be pale in color. I made this for my husband and wanted a nice strong strawberry flavor as well as color, it’s hard to achieve without using a concentrate.
- 1 box Natural Desserts brand or other natural gelatin dessert (jello brand has artificial colors/flavors that are NOT good for human consumption especially kids)
- 3 tablespoons plain beef raw gelatin powder from the health food store (not Knox if your looking to make it healthy but it will work)
- ⅓ cup drinking water
- Mix everything in a pot and place on over med/low heat. It will be thick, keep stirring until it becomes a liquid.
- Take off heat and fill molds using something to pour it (like a large measuring cup) into molds. If you don’t have any candy molds you can use a pan and just cut them into squares/triangles after.
- Place your molds or pan in the freezer for 30 minutes. After this they will be firm even at room temperature.
- Pull them out of the molds (sometimes this takes work) and don’t worry about ripping them, they are pretty strong. At first they are cold and a bit hard to chew, as they warm up they will be perfect .
Leave a Comment