The Beyond Baked Healthier Brownies
I always find that after making a standard 8×8 batch of brownies that I need or want more this is for a big 10 x 15in pan or double batch. Cut it in half for 8 x8 in pan.
- 2 cans organic black beans drained and rinsed very well
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 6 large eggs
- 1 stick organic butter melted
- 1 3/4 cup Beyond Baked vanilla sugar ( I make my own vanilla sugar, you can use regular sugar)
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons Beyond Baked vanilla extract ( I make my own extract also )
- 2 teaspoons Beyond Baked baking powder (this I just made for the first time and it worked great)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup hot coffee
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, sprinkled on the top and pressed in slightly right before baking
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 10 x 15-inch baking pan and set aside.
2. Place the black beans in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Add the eggs, melted butter, coffee, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt and process until smooth. Pour into large bowl or mixer and add in sugar and flour mix until smooth.
3. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, smooth the top with a rubber spatula, and sprinkle with the 1/2 cup chocolate chips. Tap in slightly so they sink a bit.
4. Bake about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in the pan before slicing into squares.
Leave a Comment