Oatmeal white chocolate sugar cookies with macadamia nuts
As shown 1/2 without the nuts…not as good I recommend the macadamia highly!!
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt or regular salt
14 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, slightly softened
1 cup turbinado sugar
1 large egg
11/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
6 ounces good-quality real baking white chocolate bar, chopped
dish of about 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper
Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
2. Beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula, then add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Scrape down bowl again. Add flour mixture gradually and mix until just incorporated and smooth. Gradually add oats and white chocolate and mix until well incorporated.
3. Divide dough into balls of about 2 tablespoons. Roll between palms into balls, then place on lined baking sheets about 2 1/2 inches apart. Using fingertips, gently press down each ball to about 3/4-inch thickness.
4. Press top of each cookie into chopped macadamia nuts
5. Bake until cookies are deep golden brown, about 12-14 minutes. Transfer baking sheet to wire rack to cool.
Leave a Comment