*I found this recipe at Genesis of a cook, great blog. I didn’t have enough almond slices on hand so I used half chopped macadamia nuts. *
1 1/2 cups flour
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup confectioner sugar
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
3 bananas, mashed
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup almonds
2/3 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line or grease a 9×13 inch pan (lining it with tinfoil or something is best because then you can lift the bars right out of the pan and cut them).
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside. In another bowl, beat butter and confectioner sugar until creamy. Beat the butter mixture with the flour mixture until combined.
- Press mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for about 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together condensed milk and bananas until incorporated. Once the crust has baked for 15 minutes, take out and pour the banana mixture over it. Combine the chocolate chips, walnuts and coconut together in a bowl and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake for abut 25-30 minutes. Let cool completely, roughly around 10-15 minutes. Then, chill in the fridge for about an hour. To chill quicker, place in the freezer for 25 minutes. These are much better when chilled. After chilled, cut into desired sizes.
When you take them out of the oven, they’ll look like this: gooey and delicious. Make sure that you refrigerate the bars before cutting them or else they’ll just be clumps of bananas and chocolate
Leave a Comment